International Transplant Nurses Society

Dallas / Fort Worth Chapter

Welcome

DFW ITNS is committed to the promotion of excellence
in transplant clinical nursing through the provision
of educational and professional growth opportunities,
interdisciplinary networking, collaborative
activities, and transplant nursing research.  We
promote the field of transplant nursing within our
individual transplant centers and throughout this
geographical region.

Goals

To provide a network for the communication among
professional nurses with a focus and commitment to
transplantation.
 

To provide a means of continuing education for
professional nurses with a focus in transplant nursing.
 

To examine new trends in all types of transplant
as it effects patient care and the clinical and
functional role of the nurse.
 

To promote and support research in the field of
transplant nursing.
 

To distribute the results of scientific
investigations among professionals interested in the
area of transplantation.
 

To foster an awareness of ongoing ethical
considerations in the areas of procurement, living
donations, and recipient selection.
 

To do all else that is necessary and proper for
the accomplishment of all of the forgoing or other
proper and lawful purposes and objectives of the
society.

Our Members

Our membership has a very diverse geographical background, with 77% of members living in the USA, 12% in Canada and 10% living in Europe. 36% percent of our members classify themselves as transplant coordinators, 26% as staff nurses, 13% as clinical nurse specialists, 5% as charge nurses or team leaders and less than 5% are employed by a pharmaceutical company or have an interest in organ procurement. Abdominal transplantation -- including liver, kidney, pancreas and small bowel -- has the highest representation with over 65%. Thoracic transplantation -- including heart and lungs -- represent the remaining 35%. We offer a continuum of care from pre-transplant through post-transplant and offer education modules to those who work in adult transplantation and pediatric transplantation.


Please contact ITNS DFW Chapter at ITNSdfw@gmail.com if you are interested in membership opportunities.

For More information regarding ITNS International (not chapter) membership and dues please visit the following link:

http://www.itns.org/becomeamember.html

Online Membership Application and ePay Coming Soon!


Who Should Join?
•Staff nurses
•Transplant coordinators
•Transplant nurses interested in research
•Transplant nursing administrators
•Case managers
•Social workers
•Magnet hospitals
•Corporate representatives